Benefits of green tea on the skin
Have you been recommended green tea for the skin? This is one of the lesser known benefits of this curative drink. Discover in this article the benefits of green tea for the skin of your face. Do not miss it!
Why green tea is good for the face
There is so much talk about green tea and its endless properties that you may have wondered if everything is a product of marketing, it’s a fad or it’s really true, right? The correct answer is the last, as at least a large number of medical studies prove that green tea can benefit health.
Although the use of green tea for the face is not yet so popular, for some time now it has been used as an ingredient in many products for facial care and beautification. Its rich catechin content prevents premature aging of the skin, helping to slow down the appearance of wrinkles and skin blemishes.
In addition, the green tea tonic and masks are an excellent natural remedy to treat different diseases of the skin, for example acne. But are you interested in knowing all the benefits of green tea for the face? Take note of the following paragraphs.
Benefits of green tea on the skin
Beauty products made from green tea are currently on sale. It is always recommended before using products on the skin, that you consult a dermatologist. Ideally to treat a skin condition and benefit from green tea is to drink it and apply creams or lotions containing its extract.
These are the main advantages you can get from the use of green tea for the skin:
- Prevents skin cancer It will be of great help to combat the negative effect of free radicals thanks to its rich content in powerful antioxidants called catechins. These have the ability to slow and neutralize cellular oxidation caused by free radicals, which are the main cause of skin cancer.
- Rejuvenates skin cells A study conducted in 2003 by Dr. Stephen Hsu of the Georgia Medical Center found that green tea was able to rejuvenate old skin cells that were at the end of the life cycle. This miraculous capacity will be of great help to delay premature aging and the appearance of wrinkles.
- It helps to reduce inflammation of the skin. Green tea also has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. If your skin is very sensitive and has a tendency to redden, products that contain green tea extract can help soothe it.
- Improves psoriasis and dandruff. This ability is also due to its anti-inflammatory and aseptic power.
It helps fight acne. The green tea catechins have antibacterial power and can decrease the excessive hormonal activity that is one of the causes of acne.
Is antioxidant green tea?
- As I commented in previous paragraphs, the responsible for the antioxidant property of green tea are polyphenols, which are mostly catechins. One of the main catechins of green tea are the galate epigallocatechins (EGCG) that also function as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents.
- In a study carried out in the Department of Dermatology of Case Western Reserve in the United States, it was concluded that green tea extract has been shown to be very effective in reducing the severity of the adverse effects of excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays .
- A group of people submitted voluntarily to exposure to ultraviolet rays. It was subdivided into two groups: the members of one of them were given a lotion based on green tea extract and the members of the second one were given a lotion x.
- After 30 minutes of solar exposure, the two groups were evaluated. The results were overwhelming: in the group treated with green tea extract the number of sunburn cells was reduced and also the DNA damage of the new cells formed after UV radiation was reduced.
- In this way it was proven that green tea protects the skin from the negative effects of ultraviolet rays. But this is one among so many healing contributions that can provide the skin. Do you want to start using green tea for acne? Take a pencil and paper and write down the following recipes.
How to use green tea for the face
The benefits of green tea for the face are very broad, being able to help treat different skin diseases as well as keep it radiant and beautiful.
Some of them can help you:
- Moisturize and nourish the face. It is a recipe very simple to make, but that will allow you to benefit from the properties of green tea to keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
- Keep the skin clean You will know an easy and simple way to prepare at home your own cleansing mask based on green tea, which will allow you to show off a luminous and radiant skin.
Tonic for the face of green tea
Facial tonic cleaner. An ideal recipe to remove impurities and toxins from your face.
Homemade green tea scrub A natural solution to always have on hand and use when you feel your skin tired and oily.
Treatments with green tea for skin diseases
As you may have already appreciated, green tea in addition to being a natural remedy for a wide variety of diseases of the human body, but it is also an excellent solution to alleviate various skin conditions. Its healing power is found mainly in the catechins, which turn antioxidant green tea into a powerful remedy.
Green tea masks
- Treatment of green tea for acne. You will discover how to use green tea to improve the appearance of the skin of your face, affected by acne.
- Treatment with green tea for skin with rosacea. You will know the properties and the proper way to use green tea so that it can help you gradually soften and improve the skin with rosacea.
- Treatment with green tea for vitiligo. You will find the necessary keys to understand how this curative drink can help you
to improve the appearance of your skin damaged by vitiligo.
- Treatment of Bi Luo Chun Green Tea (Pi Lo Chun) for skin with psoriasis. You will know the properties with which green tea can give relieve irritation and itching of your skin, and the correct way to use it.