The catechins are responsible for this benefit
Are you a lover of green tea and do you like to read about its health benefits? Then you will love knowing that it has been known recently that it can be of great help in preventing and improving Parkinson’s disease. How can he do it? Discover it by reading this article!
According to the group of researchers who made this discovery, behind this great benefit, is the extraordinary content of antioxidant polyphenols, which has green tea. This would be responsible for this healing beverage can offer a great protective effect against various diseases related to age. Among them is Parkinson’s disease.
But how can he do it? Pay attention to the following paragraphs.
Benefits of green tea to prevent Parkinson’s disease
- According to the collected scientific evidence, epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG catechins are one of the main responsible for this benefit. They act as neuroprotectors, reducing the risk of your body developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders and the main causes of dementia.
- Brakes cell degeneration
Recently, a group of Israeli researchers demonstrated that cellular changes associated with Parkinson’s disease can be curbed with the use of green tea extract as a natural remedy.
Prevents DNA changes
- In addition, it was also shown that the green tea extract, rich in EGCG catechins, has the potential to prevent harmful modifications of NF-kappaB, the protein complex that controls DNA functionalisms.
- The EGCG catechins, as well as other types of catechins, have the ability to reduce the formation of free radicals in your body, protecting cells and organs from DNA damage that may occur in future degenerative diseases such as cancer. Parkinson’s disease causes the death of dopamine-producing neurons in the brain.
Stops the degradation of dopamine
- On the other hand, Korean researchers, discovered that theanine, one of the main active components present in green tea, can prevent the death of dopaminergic cells like those common in Parkinson’s disease.
- This compound, together with the catechins, is capable of slowing down the activity of the COMT enzyme, the main dopamine-degrading agent, making it easier for your body to maintain dopamine levels in the brain tissue, reducing the intensity of the symptoms of this terrible disease.
Consumption of green tea
- To get medicinal help from this healing beverage and protect your brain from Parkinson’s disease, scientists recommend a consumption of 2 to 3 cups daily.
- If you wish, because you do not like the taste of green tea or because it is more practical, you can consume it in capsules or tablets, at a rate of two units a day.
Other benefits of green tea
- If you are a fan of this variety of Camellia Sinensis tea, it is very likely that you are interested in learning more about its innumerable health benefits. I recommend you take a look at the ones listed below.
- It improves acne. You will know that the galate epigallocatechins that green tea has are responsible for this benefit. Since there is scientific evidence that these antioxidant compounds are capable of reducing the sebaceous production of the skin. You will discover how and how much green tea you should consume daily to achieve the healing of this condition.
- Prevents diseases of the mouth and eyes. You will discover different ways to benefit from the healing properties of this variety of Camellia Sinensis, through its external use.
- Soothes the skin with psoriasis. You will discover that some components of green tea have the ability to regulate the growth of cells, preventing them from becoming too thick and from origin to this skin disease.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones. You will learn how, through some scientific research, it has been discovered that Organic Superfine Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea extract has the ability to disintegrate calcium oxalate that can be found in excess in your body.