The abuse of green tea can bring you health problems
You love green tea, but have you heard that it can cause jaundice? The health benefits of this drink are well known, but it seems that if it is consumed in excess it can cause health disorders such as jaundice. Discover what relationship you have with this condition!
For a long time, green tea has been placed among the most consumed beverages worldwide. This phenomenon comes from the knowledge of its medicinal properties and the health benefits it can offer.
But, like any food or natural supplement, if you consume it in excess, it can eventually cause you some health problems, of different intensity. It should be noted that excessive consumption is considered to drink more than three cups of tea daily or mix different products containing green tea.
One of the health problems that you can suffer is jaundice, according to the scientific evidence found. Are you interested in knowing if green tea can cause jaundice? Take note of the following paragraphs.
Why green tea can cause jaundice
- Recently, it became known in England, the case of a teenager who has been treated for hepatitis, jaundice and liver damage after drinking more than three cups of green tea a day for several months.
- Apparently, the girl born in Yemen, had not consumed any drugs or substances before traveling to England, and had no family history of this disease. But, what could be known is that three months earlier, I had been regularly consuming green tea in pills, bought through the internet, in order to lose weight.
- Immediately, the doctors who attended her asked her to stop using these pills. After a short time of stopping consuming green tea, a great improvement in the symptoms of his hepatitis was observed.
- Apparently, the young woman also drank green tea, in addition to consuming the pills. She said that while she had managed to lose some weight, she had also started having strong joint pains and feeling dizzy.
- What really happened? The doctors who attended this case uncovered a terrible reality: although green tea is a very safe and healthy drink for the body, since it has great antioxidant properties, it is often affected by the addition of other chemicals that cause hepatotoxicity, especially in the preparations used for weight loss.
On the other hand, they also pointed out that the pesticides used many times in the cultivation of Camelia Sinensis contaminate tea leaves, adulterating their beneficial effects on health.
Medicinal benefits of green tea
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones. You will learn how, through some scientific research, it has been discovered that green tea extract has the ability to disintegrate calcium oxalate that can be found in excess in your body.
- Improves the health of the skin. You will find different ways to use Silver Jasmine Green Tea (Mo Li Yin Hao) to treat various skin conditions, for example acne, dermatitis or psoriasis.
- Regulates blood glucose levels. You will discover how this curative drink can help you prevent the development of type 1 diabetes or delay its progression.
- It keeps eyes and mouth healthy. You will discover different ways to benefit from the healing properties of this variety of Camellia Sinensis, through its external use.