Properties and benefits of green tea
Green tea is one of the most beneficial drinks for human beings. Among some of the properties attributed to it – many of them scientifically proven – are that of being an antioxidant, good for losing weight and even for the teeth. Learn more about this great infusion.
Green tea is a drink that has gained followers throughout the world for various reasons. And many of them go beyond their flavor. It is that this drink can bring with it a series of very good contributions for the human being.
What does the green tea works for?
These are some of the most important properties and benefits that green tea has on an empty stomach or after meals.
To delay aging
- It is a powerful antioxidant. The high content of catechins and isoflavones in green tea make it a perfect ally to fight against aging, help with circulation and prevent hardening of arterial walls, among many other benefits.
- Prevents hair loss Those responsible for this benefit are epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG. These substances stimulate hair growth and cause a significant lengthening of the hair follicle.
- Increase fertility Its high content of polyphenols and hypoxanthine help a greater number of embryos have the optimal conditions to be fertilized and also benefits the increase in the maturation and fertility of the oocytes.
To prevent chronic and degenerative diseases
- It is anticancer. There are already many researches on fasting green tea that support this property. It is believed that this is due, too, to its high content of antioxidants. For example, green tea would be responsible for the low rate of cancer in Asia, also good for the prostate and also indicated as good for the prevention of various types of cancer.
- Stimulates immunity The responsible for this property of green tea would be the EGCG catechins, which possess one of the antioxidant substances that make up this drink that never ceases to amaze us for its many benefits.
- It controls diabetes. It can prevent the development of type 1 diabetes and can also delay its progression.
- Calm allergies The catechins would be responsible for blocking certain components that trigger allergies, especially seasonal ones.
- Prevents glaucoma and other eye conditions. Its high content of polyphenols is what gives it its great antioxidant power, which is able to avoid cellular oxidative stress. This is the one that causes different types of degenerative diseases such as glaucoma.
- Combat prostate problems. Its great ability to regenerate tissues is conferred by its content rich in catechins, which give it its antioxidant power. For this reason, it has been proven that green tea can reduce up to 50 percent the risk of prostate cancer.
- Controls vitiligo. Apparently, a protein found in green tea protects healthy cells from the skin so that they are not attacked by the immune system and no more white spots are formed in it.
- It reduces the symptoms of lupus. It can help reduce oxidative stress in cells and thus reverse the damage caused by inflammation to tissues, one of the salient features of lupus.
- Eliminates genital warts or HPV. According to scientific studies, the consumption of the catechins present in green tea, can be very beneficial to fight against the spread of HPV or genital warts. The EGCG would be responsible for inhibiting the cell cycle that causes HPV to multiply.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s According to several recent studies, EGCG catechins would reduce the levels of amyloid protein, responsible for the death of nerve cells that becomes Alzheimer’s.
- Prevents kidney stones. Due to its antioxidant power, the green tea extract prevents and eliminates calcifications. That is, it reduces the production and size of the calcium oxalate deposits that later settle in the kidneys, forming the stones.
To care and develop the mind
- It is stimulating. Green tea has energizing properties, since it has caffeine and helps concentration and mental work.
- Help the good memory. Green tea could become very beneficial for memory and for spatial location.
To maintain oral health
Prevents cavities According to studies that have been conducted in Asia, the usual consumers of green tea have fewer problems in their dentures than those who do not. The latest research tells that, in addition, green tea is good for the teeth and gums in general.
To take care of the skin
- Combat skin problems. Green tea is also very beneficial to treat different diseases of the skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory and aseptic power. Diseases such as rosacea, acne or psoriasis are very favored when treated with the healing properties of green tea. Also, for its regenerative power of the skin, also green tea is very good to reduce stretch marks.
- It helps to minimize dark circles. This is because it has anti-inflammatory properties. The external use of green tea is very broad: it also serves to dye hair, relieve sunburn, etc.
- Eliminates and prevents stretch marks. The EGCG catechins are able to stimulate skin cells to differentiate and proliferate. In addition, they can accelerate the process of wound healing and prevent the formation of scars (stretch marks).
To lose weight
- It helps you lose weight. It is firmly believed that green tea for weight loss can be very effective. In fact, there is research that determined that fasting green tea reduces the accumulation of fat in the liver and that it is a good thermogenesis agent; This means that you can use green tea to burn fat. It is also proven to block the absorption of carbohydrates.
- Treats fatty liver and other conditions of the digestive system. Green tea is a great help for the proper functioning of the liver, as it can help fight the fat that accumulates in it and is a very good ally of digestion. Polyphenols are the ones that would help digest food better.
- Regulates sleep disorders. According to studies that have been conducted at the University of Louisville, United States, in the fresh leaves of green tea would be the properties that serve to combat this evil.
- Fight stress. Certain compounds of green tea decrease the formation and activity of free radicals and, therefore, reduce stress. The amino acid L-theanine would be responsible for this new benefit for health that this healthy drink can provide.
- Regulates depression. Theanine present in green tea stimulates the production of alpha waves, which in turn activate dopamine and serotonin. In this way, not only the stimulating effect of caffeine helps lift the mood, but also the effect of green tea on neurotransmitters.
- Fight the anguish. At present, many people in the world suffer from stress, which brings with it an increase in the feeling of anguish. The relaxing power of green tea acts on the nervous system decreasing it.
To regulate the circulatory system
- Decreases and prevents varicose veins Its high content of antioxidants inhibits the formation of cholesterol plaques, helping to reduce swelling and strengthening the walls of blood vessels. In this way, green tea becomes an effective aid for the non-formation of varicose veins.
- Activates blood circulation. This is because it can improve the function of vessels intended to transport blood through the body. In addition, it is scientifically proven to contribute to the relaxation of the arteries.
To treat stomach problems
- It helps to treat gastroenteritis. Thanks to its antivomitive and anti-nausea properties it can be an excellent natural way to reduce the symptoms of this disease. In addition, green tea can prevent various conditions related to the digestive system.
- Reduces stomach reflux. The essential oils present in this drink increase the flow of gastric juices, which facilitates digestion. In addition, green tea extract can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the esophagus, which in many cases are caused by lesions caused by gastric reflux.
How to consume green tea?
To take advantage of these benefits of green tea, you can consume it in any of its many presentations.
- Infused green tea: it is the healthiest and most natural way to enjoy the excellent properties of green tea for your health. Learn how to prepare the basic recipe and enjoy hot green tea, iced green tea and various recipes based on green tea combined with other ingredients.
- Green tea powder: A simple way to incorporate it into exquisite and original recipes to delight your senses. You can use it to add to smoothies, ice cream or simply to prepare instant green tea.
- Green tea in capsules: this format has been created for precise therapeutic purposes, in which, sometimes, the green tea extract is combined with other components, depending on the results sought. In other words, if you want to take green tea as a supplement, this is the ideal option.
- Green tea essential oil: Add the cosmetological properties of Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea to your own homemade beauty recipes. You can use it in creams and masks to treat acne and reduce wrinkles.
Other teas with exceptional properties
While there are innumerable infusions that are commonly called “tea,” the genuine tea varieties are those that come from the Camelia Sinensis plant. All have in common their high content in theine (or caffeine) and flavonoids, two components that when combined make tea a superfood. Know what other varieties of tea have interesting properties for your health.
- Red tea: it is one of the teas most chosen for its digestive and slimming properties. Use it to eliminate fluid retention and to control diabetes.
- White tea: it is a tea with many antioxidant properties and with low doses of caffeine, that’s why it is recommended for people with cardiovascular problems. You can drink it in infusion or in tablets.
- Black tea: it is the most common tea, the one you probably have at home. Its properties are several: it is antioxidant, diuretic and stimulant. Of course, you should consume it with caution, because its high content of tannins can cause constipation and intervene in the correct absorption of iron.
- Blue tea: this variety of Chinese origin is one of the favorites for the flavor and aroma that gives it its semi-fermentation process. It has properties similar to those of the other teas (antioxidant, slimming and energizing power), with the addition that it has a very peculiar and elegant flavor. Drink it alone, so you’ll enjoy its genuine flavor.