A new property
Green tea is one of those products that never ceases to amaze us, periodically it is analyzed in different investigations and it always ends up finding a new benefit. This time it is related to Alzheimer’s, discover in this article that it is …
Alzheimer’s is a disease of slow but continuous progress, which is diminishing the capabilities of the brain. It is characterized by:
- The deterioration of memory.
- Alterations in reasoning.
- Difficulties in language and perception.
Although this serious condition can develop at any age, the probability of suffering from it increases greatly after 70 years. Statistical data indicate that approximately 50% of people over 85 suffer from it to some degree.
Do you know who is more predisposed to suffer it? Look at the risk factors that affect its development:
- The genetic
- Arterial hypertension
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
It should be noted that although these factors increase the risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, it does not mean that someone who owns them, has to suffer this disease unfailingly.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s
How can you tell if you have this disease? Pay attention to this list.
- Memory loss. You could almost say that it is the main symptom.
- Difficulty to perform daily tasks.
- Problems with the language
- Disorientation in time and where you are.
- Decrease in the criteria to know what is good or what is not.
- Inability to generate abstract thoughts.
- Difficulty finding objects
- Continuous changes in mood or behavior.
- Changes in personality
- Loss of initiative
Causes of Alzheimer’s
- So far no single cause is known, but scientists suspect that high levels of amyloid protein in the brain can play an important role in their gestation.
- The increase in the production or accumulation of this protein in the brain produces the death of nerve cells.
- In recent times the scholars of the subject have been working hard to discover and implement natural solutions to cope with this serious disease. Do you want to know what it is about?
- Natural treatments for Alzheimer’s
- Currently, science has focused on foods that are consumed in daily life, which can help prevent the development of the disease.
- For this reason, researchers at the University of Missouri have found that an organic principle present in green tea can cause a delay in the evolution of Alzheimer’s.
The effect of green tea on Alzheimer’s
- In another study, carried out by the University of Washington and published in The Journal of Clinical Investigation, attention was also paid to beta-amyloid protein.
- Apparently, this substance is the one that causes changes in the normal functioning of the brain and develops a blood supply insufficiency in the brain, characteristic of Alzheimer’s disease.
- To conduct this study, the researchers used rodents to which they were induced to diabetes, to determine how the blood glucose level was related to the presence of the amyloid protein. According to the data obtained, there is a close link between diabetes and Alzheimer’s.
- On the other hand, researchers at the University of Missouri, discovered that EGCG catechins, present in large quantities in green tea, thanks to its antioxidant power, can help reduce levels of amyloid protein.
- In this case, the animals were subjected to cognitive tests, before and after the consumption of green tea.
- It was found that the retention of information and mental acuity improved significantly after consuming green tea extract.
- How are these two studies connected? Previous studies were conducted where it was discovered that green tea was capable of lowering blood glucose levels.
- It is thought that this reduction in glucose levels may be related to the great protective effect against Alzheimer’s that has been found in green tea.
Recommended dose of green tea
With regard to Jasmine Snow Bud (Mo Li Xue Ya) Green Tea, as in the case of infusions or herbal teas, we must follow the same behavior: never exceed their consumption. This means that you can drink between 3 and 4 cups a day of this curative drink to get your benefits.