A surprising benefit
Green tea remains one of the most consumed teas worldwide. Science continues to investigate and continues to find health benefits. Now they have discovered that it is of great help to treat rosacea. Learn how you can help …
In case you did not know, rosacea is a disease that affects the skin and sometimes even the eyes, but generally in most cases only affects the face.
Although anyone can develop this disease, there are certain groups that are more likely to have it, for example:
- Women, especially during menopause.
- The people who have very white skin.
- Adults between 30 and 60 years.
- Do you know if you have a tendency to get rosacea? Take note of its most common characteristics …
- Redness of the face: especially forehead, nose, cheeks and chin.
- Presence of fine red lines below the skin.
- Appearance of grains.
- Burning or itching sensation on the face.
- Tearful eyes and inflamed eyelids.
- Nose slightly inflamed.
- Thicker skin
- Read also: 25 benefits of green tea
The exact cause of rosacea is not known. Some doctors think that rosacea occurs when blood vessels expand too easily, causing flushing.
How to treat rosacea
There is no cure for rosacea, but you can treat and control it, especially if you have certain care in your daily life.
To keep in mind:
- It controls the appearance of buds.
- Always use sunscreen.
- Keep your skin hydrated.
- Try to reduce stress.
- Limit the consumption of highly spiced foods and alcohol.
How green tea can help you with rosacea
- It is popular knowledge that green tea is famous for its great medicinal properties and benefits.
- Its healing capacity includes its internal consumption as well as its external use. In recent times, different cosmetic products have been developed that have it as the main component.
- Currently, a cream made from green tea leaf extract has come onto the market.
- The green tea extract has a great anti-aging potential and is also very helpful in treatments for acne. For this reason, it is not difficult to think that it can be an effective remedy in the treatment of rosacea.
- Do you want to know how this statement was reached? An investigation was conducted in the United States to know the effects of green tea extract on the skin with rosacea.
- It was presented at the American Academy of Dermatology in New Orleans and conducted by a group of researchers from the University of California.
- To test the effectiveness of this green tea extract cream, 60 women were cited, aged between 25 and 50 years.
- All had visible signs of rosacea with pimples, reddened and inflamed skin.
- Before starting the treatment and during the week after starting it, photographs of the faces of the women were taken, to then be able to compare the changes achieved.
Development of the study
Half of the women were treated with the green tea extract cream and the other half were treated with a placebo cream. The women applied face creams twice a day for four weeks.
Results of the study
- At the end of the four weeks, an improvement was observed in both groups, but it was much more noticeable in those who applied the cream with green tea extract.
- “The treatment with the green tea extract helped to develop a significantly lower number of facial injuries than in the placebo treatment,” said Dr. Syed.
Women treated with green tea extract cream had a 70% improvement in rosacea compared to women treated with a placebo.