An extra benefit for this curative drink
Kidney stones are one of the most painful conditions that exist. For this reason, it is always convenient to be aware of new news about how to prevent them. Apparently, green tea can help you with this topic …
In case you did not know, kidney stones affect about 5% of the world population. This condition arises when there are high concentrations of minerals in the body, such as calcium.
The minerals accumulate in the urinary tract and solidify forming crystals and stones that can cause you a lot of pain.
Generally one of the most common causes in the formation of these stones is very acid or very alkaline urine.
The calculations can have different sizes: while they are small, they can pass through the urinary tract without being perceived. But, if they are large they can cause a lot of pain because they get stuck in the urinary tract. Have you ever suffered them?
Green tea to prevent the formation of kidney stones
- To solve this problem, several scientific investigations have been carried out to discover new solutions to the problem.
- In this way, it is that Chinese researchers have discovered that green tea extract has the ability to disintegrate calcium oxalate. How about?
- Also it achieves that the crystals diminish of size and acquire another different form, which facilitates that they are grouped less, not being able to form stones in the kidneys.
- Scientific study to test the effectiveness of green tea extract
The research was carried out by the Sichuan University in Chengdu, China. Dr. Li and his colleagues analyzed the effects of green tea extract on the crystallization of calcium oxalate.
- The researchers artificially cultivated calcium oxalate crystals under different conditions. They could confirm that calcium oxalate is dehydrated when faced with large amounts of green tea.
- On the other hand, it could also be observed that the greater amount of green tea extract applied, the oxalate crystals changed shape, becoming flatter and longer.
Conclusions of the study
- “Our results suggest that the consumption of green tea could be a good habit for the prevention of kidney stone formation,” said Dr. Li.
- Perhaps it is your knowledge that the green tea extract has enhanced the medicinal properties of Camellia sinensis.
- Its great antioxidant capacity is what gives it the benefit of preventing the formation of kidney stones.
How to prevent kidney stones
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day: drinking little water is proven to be the number one risk factor in stone formation. When you drink a little water your urine has higher concentrations of minerals that can form stones.
- It consumes enough magnesium: the deficiency of this mineral is related to the development of stones, since this mineral plays an important role in the absorption and assimilation of calcium. If you consume a lot of calcium and little magnesium, the excess of calcium can contribute to form stones in the kidneys.
- Try to consume less sweet foods: sugar alters the relationships between minerals, by interfering with the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Performs daily physical exercise: it is proven that those who are long in bed or have a very sedentary life are more likely to develop stones. The activity helps the bones do not release more calcium than normal.
- Avoid the consumption of foods derived from soy: they can promote the development of kidney stones if you are prone to them, since having high levels of oxalates, these can bind with calcium in the kidney to form kidney stones.
- Drink Liu An Gua Pian Green Tea as a natural remedy: consume 3 or 4 cups daily to get the prevention of this condition.