Typically, 2011 Fuding Shou Mei White Tea Cake leaves are loose and not convenient to carry around. For usefulness, they are shaped into compressed round cakes. But easy storage and transport are not the only factors the cakes are compressed; their round shape enables the tea to grow. When brewed, the heat of the water excites and amplifies the delicious scent of this tea, with its tasty essence and compound dispersing into the light yellow liquid.
An old stating about tea that stems from Fuding Town declares that: Tea is just the beginning, 3 years later it turns into medicine, and after seven years it ends up being a treasure.
Teas formed into cake make it simpler to keep and help with the natural oxidation. Take a sip, and you will feel the smooth liquid bring that strong fragrance accompanied by a minor soymilk aroma, and lasting tender aftertaste in your mouth later on. Teas shaped into round orbs only get better with time and because just a little surface area of the leaves is exposed to air straight, the oxidation response is slow and even and promotes fermentation on the inside. The process and shape of the tea give it a more luring scent when it’s dry, a more attractive colour when it’s liquid, and a more savory taste.
2011 Fuding Shou Mei White Tea Cake
- The aged the much better
- Store in cool, dry location away from sunshine; keep ventilated
- Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee).
- Nanguang Tea Garden.
- Fuding Dabaihao.
- A full-bodied and pure tea, texture is thick and leaves a long lasting sweet taste in your mouth and throat, a hint of red dates undertones.
- A brilliant and clear orange-yellow tone.
- Floral scent tinged with a whiff of aged wood.
- Big leaves evenly compressed into a round cake shape, a minor red color with distinct white hairs.
- Fuding City, Fujian Province, China.
Recommend Brewing Method
Teacup: 12oz / 355ml
185℉ / 85℃
2 Teaspoons / 3g Tea
Brewing time: 5-8 mins
Chinese Gongfu Method
Gaiwan: 3.8oz / 110ml
185℉ / 85℃
5 steeps: rinse, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s
Rinse time is around 5 seconds