Fengqing Old Tree Raw Pu Erh Cake Tea 2013, also commonly called as Lao (old) Shu (tree) Pu-reh, is made from tea leaves of 300 to 800-year-old Fengqing large-leaf tea trees. Fengqing is the original place of the world-wide famous Dian Hong Tea.
Pu-erh tea made from old tea tree leaves is better in quality than tableland tea. We know that Ming Qian tea contains a large amount of amino acid, leading to higher nutrition in tea leaves. It is a place in Lingcang which is one of the four famous Pu-erh production areas.
For making Fengqing Old Tree Raw Pu Erh Cake Tea, the fresh tea leaves will be pan-fried, rolled, dried, this Ancient Chun Jian Raw Puerh is characteristic of even shape, strong aroma and bright yellowish green color. And it usually has the flowery flavor of Dian Hong Tea.
Fengqing Old Tree Raw Pu Erh Cake Tea 2013
- The aged the better
- Store in cool, dry place away from sunlight; keep ventilated
- Moderate caffeine (less than 20% of a cup of coffee)
- Xintang Tea Area
- Fengqing large-leaf Tea Tree (300 to 800 years)
- Tough taste for the initial sip, the bitterness quickly turns sweet and secreting saliva, with a hint of rock sugar sweet taste
- Golden yellow, crystal clear and bright
- Pekoe flavor, woody aroma
- Round and smooth cake, well-compressed, clear and complete strip, fat tea buds and full of pekoes
- Fengqing County, Lincang City, Yunnan Province, China
Recommend Brewing Method
Teacup: 12oz / 355ml
203℉ / 95℃
Brewing time: 3 – 5 mins
Chinese Gongfu Method
Gaiwan: 3.8oz / 110ml
203℉ / 95℃
12 steeps: rinse, 10s,15s,20s,20s,20s,30s,40s,50s,60s,70s,90s,120s
Rinse time is around 5 seconds