teabeau’s organic-certified 2014 Organic White Peony (Bai MuDan) Tea is farmed and produced at Mt. As the year pass, the tea gets smoother and sweeter with a soft finish and mellow taste. When brewed this tea presents a pale yellow-orange color of liquid like our Silver Needle tea, however with a richer flavor. White Peony tea, or Bai MuDan as it is hired China, is a gently oxidized white tea produced with the same minimal processing as Silver Needle; the primary distinction is that Silver Needle consists of only the unopened buds, while White Peony consists of one or two freshly-opened leaves as well as the buds.
The process and shape of the tea offer it a more luring scent when it’s dry, a more appealing colour when it’s liquid, and a more mouthwatering taste.
2014 Organic White Peony (Bai MuDan) Tea
- The aged the better
- Shop in cool, dry place away from sunlight; keep aerated
- Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee).
- Heshan Organic Tea Garden.
- Fuding Dabaihao.
- A fragile taste with small flower fragrance, fresh and sweet with slight soymilk taste, fragrance mouth feel and long-lasting sticking around sweet aftertaste.
- Pale orange-yellow color.
- Tender Tea buds and leaves covered in white hairs.
- One bud with one leaf and one bud with 2 leaves.
- Mt. Taimu, Fuding City, Fujian Province, China.
Recommend Brewing Method
Teacup: 12oz / 355ml
185℉ / 85℃
2 Teaspoons / 3g Tea
Brewing time: 5-8 mins
Chinese Gongfu Method
Gaiwan: 3.8oz / 110ml
185℉ / 85℃
5 steeps: rinse, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s
Rinse time is around 5 seconds