Teabeau’s Fengqing Da Xue Shan (Big Snow Mountain) Raw Pu-erh tea is made of leaves from Fengqing large-leaf tea bushes between 100 and 300 years of age. It has many tea buds and the main characters are fine, smooth and soft with light tea taste. This raw cake is named for Da Xue Shan mainly because some of the original material comes from the beautiful town of Xueshan, situated in the southern part of Fengqing County. The highest point here is about 3100m above sea level, and the lowest is 1200m.
After many years of transformation under dry storage condition, the pile flavor has disappeared, and instead, it is full of aged fragrance.. This tea has a prominent bitter character up front that quickly melts into a sweet aftertaste, going down smoothly and leaving an enjoyable fragrance in your mouth; this bitterness almost completely fades in later infusions, just as the sweetness becomes more and more prominent.More importantly, its glutinous rice aroma is very persistent, and even the tea is tasteless, but the tea liquid will still have some pleasant aroma, which is very rare for the pu-erh cake of this price.
Fengqing Da Xue Shan (Big Snow Mountain) Raw Pu-Erh Cake Tea 2016
- The aged the better
- Store in cool, dry place away from sunlight; keep ventilated
- Moderate caffeine (less than 20% of a cup of coffee)
- Lida & Xueshan tea garden (at an average altitude of over 1,800m above the sea level)
- Fengqing large-leaf species (100-300 years old)
- The aroma hints of orchid flower and wild flavor; it tastes smooth, soft, and slightly bitter but quickly turns to sweet; its long-lasting fragrance will entirely cross your upper and lower jaws,producing a copious secretion of saliva.
- Golden bright in color
- Rich woody aroma
- Round and smooth cake, well-shaped, it darkens in color with a scattering of red-colored tea leaves,fat tea leaves with lots of white hairs on the surface and inside the cake.
- One bud with one or two leaves
- July 26, 2016
- Tea leaves hand-picked between March and May, 2016
- Mengyou & Xueshan Town, Fengqing County, Lincang City, Yunnan Province, China
Recommend Brewing Method
Teacup: 12oz / 355ml
203℉ / 95℃
Brewing time: 3 – 5 mins
Chinese Gongfu Method
Gaiwan: 3.8oz / 110ml
203℉ / 95℃
12 steeps: rinse, 10s,15s,20s,20s,20s,30s,40s,50s,60s,70s,90s,120s
Rinse time is around 5 seconds