This Mini Ripened Chrysanthemum Pu Erh Tuocha is made from ripened Pu-erh leaf compressing with Chrysanthemum flower to produce these beautiful miniature Pu-erh tea cakes. Each tiny tuocha is individually covered for convenient usage and storage that will make your Pu-erh tea last a lot longer.
Pu-erh teas are particularly grown and processed so that– when saved effectively– they age well over time, developing deeper, richer and more complex tastes and fragrances. Lots of Pu-erh tea bricks or cakes which are years old now are rather good. Typically speaking, Pu-erh teas are labeled with the year they were selected and packaged, in addition to the area they were grown in, just like a vintage wine. Pu-erh tea needs to be preferably saved in a cool, dry and dark place, where it can not soak up smells, sunshine or air. When stored as such, the taste and value of the tea increases greatly gradually.
The tissue paper covered over the cake or brick can help to keep the tea dry and safeguard it from odor. The tissue paper will wear and tear after long period of time’s storage due to oxidization.
Mini Ripened Chrysanthemum Pu Erh Tuocha
- The aged the much better
- Store in cool, dry location away from sunshine; keep ventilated
- Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee).
- Ying Pan Shan Tea Garden.
- Yunnan large-leaf tea bush species.
- Chrysanthemum lends a light sweet floral note to the rich complex taste of the Pu-erh tea.
- Rich mahogany color.
- Small sweet flower scent.
- Flaked Pu-erh tea leaves and chrysanthemum flower compressed into birds nest shape and individually wrapped.
- June 2008.
- Simao (Pu’er) City, Yunnan Province, China.
Recommend Developing Technique
Teacup: 12oz/ 355ml
203 ℉/ 95 ℃.
Developing time: 3 – 5 mins.
Chinese Gongfu Method.
Gaiwan: 3.8 oz/ 110ml.
203 ℉/ 95 ℃.
12 steeps: rinse, 10s,15 s,20 s,20 s,20 s,30 s,40 s,50 s,60 s,70 s,90 s,120 s.
Rinse time is around 5 seconds.