As the Pu-erh tea grew in appeal, a deeper understanding of it was established and regional Yunnan tea makers developed a new type of pu-erh tea, the Moonlight Beauty. The picking requirement for making this tea is one bud with one or two leaves.
The Moonlight Beauty Raw Pu-erh Loose Tea is abundant in flavor and when brewed forms a clear yellow liquid. This tea has plenty of taste and each mouthful is smooth and sweet without a tip of bitterness. It was named Moonlight Beauty Tea because legend has it that this tea was originally harvested by young local lovely girls in the evening, which ensured minimal sunshine exposure.
Moonlight Beauty Raw Pu-erh Loose Tea
- 36 months
- Shop in cool, dry place away from sunlight; keep ventilated
- Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee).
- Meng Gu (勐谷) tea garden.
- Menghai large-leaf tree.
- Mellow and soft, each infusion is refreshing and thirst-quenching, with a long-lasting sweet taste.
- Clear yellow color.
- A rich and aged aroma with sweet undertones.
- Fat single buds covered in silver fuzz that resembles moonlight.
- April 5, 2017.
- Bulang Mountain, Menghai County, Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China.
Recommend Developing Technique
Teacup: 12oz/ 355ml
203 ℉/ 95 ℃.
Developing time: 3 – 5 mins.
Chinese Gongfu Method.
Gaiwan: 3.8 oz/ 110ml.
203 ℉/ 95 ℃.
12 steeps: rinse, 10s,15 s,20 s,20 s,20 s,30 s,40 s,50 s,60 s,70 s,90 s,120 s.
Rinse time is around 5 seconds.