Phoenix Dan Cong is a famous type of oolong tea from Guangdong Province, with a rich scent and a taste that varies from the actual tea to the aftertaste. Be careful when soaking this tea: if you use a gaiwan, keep in mind to rapidly put the liquid into a pitcher instead of letting it sit for a long infusion.This fragrance guarantees to remove the noise and busyness of the city, leaving just the vigorous scent of orchids, a mellow taste from very first sip to last, which characteristic sweet, throaty taste and sticking around aftertaste. As the fruity scent slowly disappears, the initial characteristic aroma of the oolong tea will come out more fully. This Phoenix Dan Cong Guang Dong Oolong Tea has a long-lasting scent when brewed, in addition to a mellow yet vigorous taste, and a sweet, smooth aftertaste. When you take a deep breath of the scent and let it fill your nose and mouth, you will nearly seem like you’re standing in an orchard.
Phoenix Dan Cong Guang Dong Oolong Tea
- 24 Months
- Shop in airtight, nontransparent packaging; keep refrigerated
- Moderate caffeine (less than 20% of a cup of coffee).
- Baixiang Ecologic Tea Garden.
- C. sinensis cv. Shuixian.
- Fruity taste with notes similar aroma to lychee, sweet flower and honey taste, high fragrance lasting long time in mouth.
Amber in color.
- Smooth smoky aroma with hints of fruit notes.
- Fat and bold twisted leaves in shiny and dark color.
- Phoenix Mountain, Guangdong Province, China.
Recommend Developing Technique
Teacup: 12oz/ 355ml
212 ℉/ 100 ℃.
3 Teaspoons/ 5g Tea.
Developing time: 3- 5 mins.
Chinese Gongfu Method.
Gaiwan: 3.8 oz/ 110ml.
212 ℉/ 100 ℃.
7 steeps: wash, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 80s, 100s, 120s.
Rinse time is around 5 seconds.